C - Napoleon, Ohio

Everyone has the ability to change if they are willing to. I use to hang out with the “wrong” crowd, but I saw how it was affecting my attitude and my grades so I changed. I used to get in trouble not only by my parents for talking back or getting bad grades, but I also got in trouble with the cops for speeding, letting someone underage drive my car, and unfortunately underage drinking. After numerous hours of community service and 24 hours in jail, I realized that I didn’t want to live my life that way. Right then and there I changed. I used to think I was better than everyone but I saw that was not who I wanted to be so I changed. I use to not care about my grades, but then I saw how much they mattered to have a good future, so I changed. I used to think that I did not need anyone’s help that I could do everything on my own. Boy was I wrong. Now I willingly ask for help the minute I need it. I used to not care about spending time with my family, but when I watched my grandpa die of lung cancer I changed. I used to love openly and let every guy in, but then I got my heart broken and I keep things to my self now. I turned my life around and gotten back on track because I was willing to do so. One can only change if they themselves are willing to do so. Everyone can change his or her lives around. I learned that when I hit the bottom there is only one way to go and that way is up. If a person really wants to change they can but they have to be willing to do it for themselves. People cannot expect someone else to change for them. As much as people want to help other people change they cannot people have to do it for them. My mothers always tried to change me and try to protect me. She thought that if she wanted me to change bad enough I would. I changed because I wanted too not because I was told to.