True Determination

E - Napoleon, Ohio

I not only set goals for myself, but I achieve them by being strong willed and determined. I have the concentration to stay strong and believe in myself. While I listen to the feedback of others, if people believe I am not able to do something, I work hard to prove to them I can. I have always lived with negativity, and a family that has told me I will never reach the goals I set for myself. However, I have shown them I can do something if I put my mind to it. An example of this would be making the honor roll every year of high school even when people didn’t expect me to achieve it.

Now that it is my senior year, I must make a decision of which college I would like to attend. I have visited several colleges, and only one gave me inspiration. I knew that I wanted to attend and graduate from there. The college I choose was in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Many people were happy that I was accepted, into the college but others looked down upon the idea of me going there. You might expect it from family members, but not from a teacher! They are supposed to be a support system. They think that I can’t drive the long miles everyday, back and forth to school. It is a two hour trip one way, but I am determined to drive everyday to show them how strong willed I really am.

When I graduate from College maybe it will finally show them that there is no stopping me when I have my goals set and I truly believe in something. I am determined to finish what I started. Regardless of the obstacles I may face. I believe that I can overcome anyone of my goals when I truly believe in what I am doing. I feel I can do anything when I put my mind and heart to it. It is this determination along with my goals that will continue to help me be successful in life.