Always Remember To Smile

k - napoleon, Ohio
Themes: hope, setbacks

I was always taught to be very optimistic. I always tried to look for the good in every single event I did or tried to do. Unfortunately, life can be very difficult and I tend to forget that I should try to look at all the good in a situation instead of the bad. When I look back over my memories, I try to remember how happy I was after an event and not how I cried because it was over. That’s why I believe that you shouldn’t cry because its over, smile because it happened.

In today’s world, people are constantly giving up on a commitment and goals they’ve made, but end up giving up. I remember going to the state fair with my family and how happy I was to be there. Sadly, I would always cry because we would have to leave and like always I wasn’t ready to leave yet. I now realize that I could have been laughing about all the fun times I had at the fair instead of crying because the fair was over. Even today, I still have to remind myself to think of all the fun I will have during an event, instead of how upset I will be when its over.

I have learned the hard way about life’s many lessons. One-life lesson that I had to learn the hard way was about the death of my fish. After my fish died, all I could do was cry because I thought I killed him. Then, my mother sat me down and explained to me that I have to remember all the good times I had with my fish and not the bad. Now, I realize that life’s lessons really are all around us and if we were always crying about everything that’s over or everything we failed at, then we would never see the true beauty of life’s lessons. When my varsity softball team went to districts for the first time, we lost. We were so upset that all we could do is hang our heads and cry. Why were we crying, everyone was so proud of us and that’s when we realized that we shouldn’t be crying because we lost, we should be smiling because it happened. Sometimes I feel life I need to take a step back in order to realize that I will fail in life and that some of my goals can be broken. What people need to always remember is that we “should not cry because its over, smile because it happened.”