j - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: purpose

Everyone serves a purpose, I believe. There are billions of people on this earth and sometimes it seems like I don’t have a purpose in life. Even if I don’t become a world leader, a famous movie star, someone that is a household name, or a role model, I still serve a purpose. If there were no school teachers no one would learn anything. Maybe five generations down the road in my family one of my grandchildren will influence people in the world. The morals and ideas I installed in them will help someone or millions of people.

God said in the Bible that he made everyone on earth for a reason. It is hard to believe that a homeless person has a role in the world. People tend to believe that only famous people and people that everyone knows can change the world. I even have a hard time believing that I have a role, as minute as it may be or as large as it may be. When young children or infants die, did they serve their purpose or had they already served their purpose? I have always wondered that when you die that mean that you have served your purpose. I guess you will never know, but maybe afterwards you will get to find out what your purpose was as small as it may have been or as big as it was.

I can remember one time when I was a lot younger like in second grade I was having a bad week and felt like nothing would go right and that I did not serve any purpose in life. And I went to a parochial middle school so we always had bible classes. And on that one week our teacher was talking about how everyone has a place in this world and everyone has a purpose. This kind of made me wonder what everyone’s purpose is and how everyone could have a purpose. No matter how unimportant you think you are you can always remember that you have a purpose in life.