E - Napoleon, Ohio

Working hard and having faith in myself can pay off and lead to many great opportunities in life. High School can be a great time in life, but it also can determine my future. I need to get good grades in school, so that I can get into a college and make a living for myself. College will not be an option if I neglect my job as a student. The decisions and choices I make can affect me until I die. In order to get to college I need to have the faith in myself. I can achieve wonderful things if I believe in myself.

As Gail Devers once said, “Keep your dreams alive. Understand that to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination and dedication. Remember all these things are possible for those who believe.” Going to college can open many doors to unbelievable opportunities. In today’s society, a college degree is required to obtain a job at most businesses. I think that it is worth the time and hard work to get a college degree so that I can succeed in life and have a good career. I can accomplish anything if I work hard enough and put my mind to it. As my parents keep telling me, “if you persevere, work hard, and focus on what you what to do, you can succeed.”

Although work may be difficult, tedious, and take excessive effort, it will be worth the labor. Theodore I. Rubin stated, “Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.” College is hard work and it’s not easy, but in the end it pays off. Things always seem better when I put a lot of effort into something and it rewards me in the end (working hard in other fields can be beneficial too). For example, in track I put in a lot of extra time running in order to get better. The outcome was that my time on my sprints got a second faster.

Perseverance, dedication, faith and hard work can get me to a lot of places in life. I believe that with these characteristics I can get anywhere in life I want to. “If I can see it, then I can do it. If I just believe it, there’s nothing to it.” Those are the words to R. Kelly’s song I believe I can fly. When I believe and work hard, I can achieve anything.