Kamron - St. Louis, Missouri
Themes: integrity

It’s Better to Lie Than to Tell the Truth

We all have the decision to lie and tell the truth and we have the moral values to know right from wrong. This I believe is the foundation of our society. But to tell the truth is better than to lie.

Telling the truth is more beneficial than to lie. One time I lied to my mother about not getting the six week progress report grades because I knew that she was going to be angry. At the time I knew it was wrong and I should have just told the truth. But I didn’t when my mother finally got the progress report she was even more angry because I had lied she even said herself that she would not have been as mad if I had not have lied and just showed her the report card. I got grounded for two months after that. I learned that the truth is better for you than to lie all the time about things that may not even matter to the person that they are lying to. I don’t think that it is even smart to lie even if you know that you are not going to get caught.

Lying is harder to maintain than to tell truth. When you lie you have to keep the lie the same. It takes more of an effort to lie than it is to tell the truth. Once you tell the truth you don’t to worry about whether you are going to slip up and tell the wrong lie. Lying makes the people around suffer because they have realized that they can’t trust you at all.

Lying is more of a challenge and people who lie shouldn’t because it causes them and the people around you to not trust you at all. You become an unreliable person and it changes your life for the worst. This I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie.