Ryan - Saint Louis, Missouri
Themes: atheism

There is no God

I believe that there is no God. Atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of God. Some one being atheist means that they just have not decided or tried to formulate their belief at all. Anyone wanting to learn the truth for them self must first look for some evidence of God’s existence. Atheism is not hard at all. You do not have to prove anything so really there is not any work for you to do. Many people are stuck searching for the answers for themselves.

Believing that there is no God does not mean that someone has to be inhumane or greedy or unkind in any way. In fact, believing that God does not exist means that you cannot be forgiven of your sins by any Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent force but by pure kindness of others as well as yourself. This is not a bad thing, but in fact a good thing. It means that you have to strive to be kind towards others and treat others fairly the first time around. No repenting of my sins after I have already committed them and then feeling just fine about myself. In my opinion that only works if everyone holds the same beliefs as everyone else, which just does not happen because of human nature. Everyone has their own mindset and ideas about the things happening in the world around them.

I’ve grown up in a religious family and I often understand where religious people are coming from when they talk about their beliefs and about God. One thing that I have heard often is that God loves us unconditionally and would do anything for us. This is one point that I do not agree with. Throughout my life so far I have dealt with Appendicitis and kidney stones. Personally I do not see the point in God intentionally having us suffer through illnesses, especially considering all that love he has for us. Why even send us to earth and not simply keep us in heaven, where we could all be with him and be happy? I for one believe in science. It wasn’t science that gave me Appendicitis or even my kidney stones. In fact, it was science that allowed my appendix to be surgically removed in time so that it wouldn’t burst inside of me, killing me. Science also allowed my kidney stones to be removed from my body. Sure these procedures may have been painful at times, but improved my health and pain in the long run. If you ask me believe in god means that there’s really no possibility for less suffering in the future because it must be him that causes people’s suffering and illnesses of the body and mind. Believing that there is no God means the possibility of less suffering in the future.

So yes, I believe in science and in seemingly impossible coincidences, not miracles, prophecy, and some all powerful being that knows the outcome of everyone’s life and decisions. All “God” has done is cause pain, suffering, and death through all of the fighting over him over the years. I believe my destiny and future is in my own hands and is up to my own decisions and is not known by any supernatural being. This I believe: There is no God.