Krista - Hutto, Texas
Themes: parenthood

I believe that being a mom is the hardest job in the world. Of all the things I have done in my life, nothing feels more important than the responsibility of raising a child. When I first got pregnant, I was so excited. I never imagined myself as the mothering type. When I first felt my son move inside of me, kicking his little feet, it was the best feeling. After I had him, I tried to get some rest, but I could not sleep. I kept my son with me almost every second that day. I counted his fingers and toes. I loved just staring at him, he was so beautiful. Soon after giving birth my son’s father left, and left me to raise our son. At the beginning I just wanted to say, “Ok, I give up”, but just one look at my son I knew I had to become a better person then I already was for him. Every time I look at him I see myself, and I want him to see me accomplish my goals so he can soon realize he can do anything if he tries. Now my days consist of taking my son to daycare, going to work, picking him up, taking him to my mothers, going to school, coming home, making dinner, giving baths, then finally time to lay him down and do homework. I am lucky to get a few hours asleep a week. I am proud that my baby has never known a moment without love. I would sacrifice anything to protect my son. Before having children, I did not realize what it was like to love in this way.