Dance for Happiness

Kirsten - Isla Vista, California

Dance is a form of art, a way one can express themselves through movement of the body. Everything is made up of energy, sometimes one builds up too much negative energy and needs to release it. Modern dance is the way I release my energy. I take everything that is bugging me for the time being and completely dance it out. I notice that the more I dance, the better I feel about myself, and about everything. For that bit of time while my mind is flowing, and my body is equally free, I feel that I can just forget about everything and live solely in that beautiful moment of serenity. The release of negativity feels so rewarding, it opens your eyes to a new light. Dancing proves that everyone can help themselves in a situation where they might be putting themselves down by simply deciding to feel good instead.

My whole life, I have been dancing and I always have a great time doing it. People around me often tell me that when dancing with me, they feel good as well, that I expel positive vibes. Positive energy is the essence of a happy life, so being that I’ve found happiness through dance, I wish that other people could find their own happiness through similar outlets. I want to finish school as a dance major, and continue on to be a dance therapist, or dance psychologist. I want to make the world a better place by making everyone happy, its going to take a lot, but in the end it will most definitely pay off. If I can find complete happiness through dance, the rest of the world can surely groove to new, good vibes.