A - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: prejudice

I believe that you should have faith in what you do as a career. When people are in high school and they work at places like McDonalds, people look at these jobs as not so sought out jobs. Some people that work at McDonalds actually like their job, but say that they don’t because they are afraid of what people are going to think of them. People should enjoy their job and stick up for it regardless of what others think about it.

I often hear people make fun of the kids who work fast food restaurants. People making fun of the restaurant workers are usually the people that don’t have jobs or have a job with similar pay. The people that make similar pay only act like they make more by buying a lot of things that they can barely afford. These are the same people that frequent the restaurants they are ridiculing.

I can relate to this because I work in a small town carry out store that also makes food. I get paid minimum wage just like most people my age just starting a job do. After I would tell people where I worked they would laugh and make fun of the place I work. Then again these are the same people that I see working at a different little town store making the same pay. I even see these people walk into the store I work at and get food.

When entering a new job, people should believe in what they do. There are always going to be the people that talk down on certain jobs even though they go to the places that they talk bad about. It shouldn’t matter where a person works or even how much they make, if they work somewhere they should just be proud to have the job. There are people out there that cant even find a job and we take advantage of that. Next time someone is being ridiculed about where they work help stick up for the person.

A. Dumire