R - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: work

I Believe Statement

I believe that if you want to make something of yourself in this world it must be done by hard work. There is no place for lazy people who are afraid to work. This is what my dad has always told me, and I have come to find it to be true. A person cannot make money sitting on the couch playing video games and watching television. There are too many people these days that want to live off the government. Some people say they cannot work because of an injury, but can be seen outside playing catch or doing some other type of work. When I begin to pay taxes I do not want my money to be wasted on a person like that.

From the time I was a young boy, my father always had me doing something for him. When I wanted to watch Saturday morning cartoons, my dad would not let me. He would take me outside with him to teach me about work. I use to hate him for it, and when my parents got divorced, I would hate going to my dad’s house. Now that I am older I see what my dad was trying to do for me, and I am glad he did it. My dad did not want me to turn out to be lazy. He wanted me to be able to get a good job and be successful.

With technology becoming more and more advanced, people have to do less and less. Also, with more advanced video games, kids no longer want to go outside, They would rather sit on couch and play their new video games. I believe that it is starting to show in sports with fewer athletes playing because they are afraid of hard work. This year, my school did not have enough players to make a freshmen football team, so players had to join the varsity practice.

Hard work is not fun most of the time, but it is rewarding once it is done. It is also what gives you the money to have fun afterwards.