W. - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: war

What I Believe In

Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs about things in life. Some people believe abortion should be legal, some do not. Some people believe in God, some do not. Everybody is different and not everybody believes in the same thing, but there is something in the world that everyone believes in. Everyone has one belief that they stand by and strongly support. No matter what anyone else would say, they would still stand by their belief. The one thing in life that I believe in strongly is that war is wrong.

I believe war is wrong for several reasons. The current war in Iraq is costing our country trillions of dollars. As our country gets further and further in debt everyday, innocent men women in Iraq are dying. War causes stress on families whose loved ones are at war. Wars do not solve anything that words can’t, and often result in long lasting turmoil that can create additional wars.

I believe there is no need for war because war causes violent acts of cruelty and torture. There is already enough torture and homicides in our life. I do not believe there should be even more violence going on then there already is. The money being spent towards the war will could have helped find cures for diseases. There are more important problems in the world that are not being focused on. Wars are going on all over the world, and they need to be stopped.

Everyone has a strong belief that they stand by and stick with. There many that I agree and disagree with. There are some people who believe war is bad, and those that do not believe. I believe war and violence is not the way to solve problems and conflicts. I stand by my belief because it is part of my character. It is what makes me the kind of person that I am today.

William Wulff