D - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: legacy

Dr. Seuss is an American writer who is usually thought of as a children’s book writer. He uses rhyming and other writing techniques in his books, but if you read between the lines, Dr. Seuss is a teacher. He teaches kids morals and values needed to help make life easier and ways to get through problems in life. Dr. Seuss has written books such as The Cat In the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, How the Grinch stole Christmas, and One fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. All of these books have ideas and morals that help children throughout their lives, but, even if you are not a child, there are still many lessons to be learned from these books. A quote by Dr. Seuss was “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” This quote has countless meanings in my life and is useful in many different situations.

There was an incident in my life when I was unsure of how I was supposed to act and I didn’t know what to do. I was so confused. This incident was when my beloved dog named Tess died. Tess was the most loyal and friendly dog I have ever had. She was getting old, and I knew that in a couple of years she was going to pass, but I never would have thought it would have been so soon. One night, Tess went to sleep and she never woke up. I didn’t know how to act, things were happening way too fast for me to process them in my mind. After a couple of days I was getting sadder and sadder because I missed her so much. It was like my best friend was taken away from me for no reason at all. But then, I started thinking about all the fun times and experiences that I had with my best friend Tess. These memories made me smile.

What I’m trying to say is that Dr. Seuss’s quote is true. Don’t be sad if something happens to a loved one in your family even if it is a dog. Be happy and think of all the good experiences that you had with them. Also, cherish the memories for the rest of your life because you know that’s what they would want you to do in the end.