C - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: carpe diem

Believe Statement

I believe that you have to live for today. The past can’t change; tomorrow may never come, so all you have is now. Tomorrow is not promised. All that a person has is today; the present. If you have something to tell the person you love, do it right away because if you wait for tomorrow it might be too late. The past changes for no one. It happened, it is over; there is nothing you can do about it. Don’t live your life with “I wish I had.”

If you died tomorrow, would the people in your life know how you truly felt? When I was ten years old, my grandfather passed away. I never got the chance to tell him how much he meant to me. I never got the opportunity to let him know that he was my everything. Now I live with regret, but there is nothing I can do to change the past. A lot of the time, I keep to myself; I do not tell others how I feel. In the end, this can hurt me greatly.

After I turned thirteen, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. This had a great impact on my life. I always thought about how much time she had left to live. It’s a scary thing thinking about your mom dying. I finally came to realize that she was here for today, and, for that, I was grateful.

Now, I don’t think about tomorrow. Why waste my time on something that may never come? I don’t think about yesterday because there is nothing I can do to change it. I think about today, the present, because right now is the only thing I have and even that is not guaranteed.

I greatly believe in living for today. Having this thought in my mind is very important to me and I want to live my life by it. Just last year, I got a tattoo that represents living in the moment, living for today. With this tattoo I have an every day reminder of how I want to live my life. I want to live for today, now, the present.