Luisa - El Paso, Texas
Themes: family, pleasure

I believe on not working on Sunday. I believe every person in the world no matter their race, age, or gender should have a Sunday off. Every week we do the same routine, work, or school sometimes both. That’s why sometimes we need a day off, to get a break from the same stressful routine. I’m a full time student, I go to school Monday thru Saturday, and I work full time. Since my routine of the day is customer services, stocking, and pricing at work and at night is heavy school work, my day is hectic. This is why I need a break, from time to time. At least one day of the week, and I prefer Sunday.

Since I started working, I haven’t gotten Sunday off. To me it’s very hurtful because Sunday is the day when the majority of my family has it off, and instead of being with my family see them gather together for dinner or some activity to enjoy the day. I’m working in the store, dealing with the nudeness attitude of the customer towards me. Every Sunday where I work, it’s a day where it gets busy trough the whole day. It’s customer after customer, asking and demanding for our assistants, making the day harder and dreadful, but what makes it more unbearable is seeing family come in to the store. It reminds me my family. I start to wonder what they are doing, how it would be if I was there. I think that’s the worst feeling you can feel, feeling lonely.

When you have a family you have someone you can fall back on all rough times, they will always be there for you in the good times and the bad times. Also a family teaches your values in life, principles, discipline, making you the person that you are today. For that reason I believe everybody should have a Sunday off, for the can enjoy and appreciated there family, because you only get one family in your life.