L - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: carpe diem, death

Tara and Liza were the most energetic and funny girls I had ever met. They would always have a welcoming smile on their faces and an open heart for anyone. Tara and Liza were known as the goody-goodies who always did what mommy and daddy said. They were not known to be anything else. When I found out Tara and Liza died in a car accident, my heart just dropped. Their death made me stop and reflect on how quickly life changes good or bad, and there is nothing I can do to stop time and fix great mistakes. From this experience, I have learned that life is very meaningful and to treasure it. I will always benefit from each passing moment because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.

Tara and Liza’s death taught me to always live the day entirely, no matter how good or bad because tomorrow may be worse so enjoy what I can. These meaningful words have changed my life and could possibly change another’s. Why waste time doing nothing exciting or fun? I plan on living my days to the fullest by helping others or myself if possible. I believe in the quote “Yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come,” and I take it to heart everyday. If everyone would take a chance to listen and think about these words, the world would be a happier and better place. I believe the world would change dramatically because of the great impact these girls had on everyone around them. Their impact on people have taught them to never drink and drive, live life to the fullest and just have fun in whatever your doing. The impact they had on me was to always believe in myself and that I can do anything if I put my mind to it.

For years, I went through life like it was nothing and couldn’t wait to begin another day. I thought life was boring and unexciting. Then for a couple years, I began to lose one friend after another. I lost my cousin because of a hit and run, a dear friend who lost the fight against cancer and then two more close friends to a car accident. Life did not seem to be getting any better. It actually became harder to live without the people I had loved and known for years. At the funeral, a dear friend gave a speech, which included funny quotes from Liza, Tara, and others. There were, of course, the funny ones, “If you have a bad day sleep on it and start over.” But, there was a quote from Alan Coren, which I identified with. It stated, “Enjoy your life today because yesterday has gone and tomorrow may never come.” I strongly believe in that quote because perhaps if I had tried to make the most of my potato lounging days I would’ve had more time with them.

I always take time to listen to my heart and pay attention to what it’s saying. I constantly keep thinking about who I have lost, and because of this I try to live life to the fullest for tomorrow may never come.