A - Napoleon, Ohio

Happiness is a feeling that everyone should feel. Happiness is one feeling that is often hard to achieve while daily life goes about. Many things affect our emotions, such as people, work, stress, school, and many other things. This is why I believe in creating your own happiness; using your emotions to create something that will make you happy. You don’t have to be artistically or musically inclined to do this either.

Deep down, I am not the happiest person in the world. At times, I am pretty happy, but, in reality there is a lot to be angered or depressed about. This is why I’ve taken what I’ve learned musically and put it to good use. I’ve been a solo musician for almost four years now; before writing my own songs I have taken eight years of piano, and two years of guitar lessons. Over time, the words I write became more emotional and heartfelt; more complex. The words began to truly state how I feel and a new sense comes over me as I sing the words while playing my guitar. Sometimes, the words have a greater meaning to me and I will yell the words. Yelling the words just makes me feel better about the depressing thing I wrote about. I feel happy after playing the songs that my emotions fuel and influence.

In almost four years time, I’ve had a significant growth musically, as the songs I write sound better and mean more to me. As time has gone by, I’ve written more songs, recorded more songs, and I’ve had a growth of fans. I’ve began playing shows, which helps me as a person rid the emotions I don’t want. Happiness also comes to me when I realize that other people can relate to the words I’ve written, and that they like the music that I’m playing. It makes me happy to realize that people actually like and respect the music I have written. A smile comes across my face when fans from my hometown will drive forty miles to my show in bad weather just to see my set. I greatly appreciate that.

Any person can get into music or any other kind of art. If you aren’t the artistic type of person, build something, or maybe write a short story. The possibilities are endless. The fact of the matter is that there is so much for you to do to make you happy, you just have to find what is right for you. For me, that was writing my own music, because I believe that I can take what I feel and use it to make something that will make me happy.