C. - Napoleon, Ohio

One of the most important things in life is being happy and enjoying life. The best and easiest ways to do that is to laugh with friends and family. Being sad or depressed can ruin a person’s day or even change a person. Simply telling a joke or doing something funny can make a person’s day seem better. Whenever I feel down, my friends always try to cheer me up. They usually try to joke around with each other or find something funny to do so I can laugh or at least smile. It is good for friends to be there for each other and when they are feeling sad, you should try to make them laugh as well.

One day, my friend was having a really bad day because his girlfriend had broken up with him. He felt terrible and did not want to do anything because he was too depressed. Many people who are depressed cannot handle it and decide to take their own lives. I could never let that happen to my best friend, so I decided to joke around and try to act funny so I could cheer him up. He was laughing really hard for most of the day. By the end of the day, he came up to me and told me how glad he was to know that I was there to cheer him up. Whenever I feel depressed or sad, he is always there to make me laugh and I forget about all the problems I was having.

Most people say that there is a time to be funny and a time to be serious. Well, that is not always true. People should joke around and have fun most of the time because being serious makes people seem boring. People say that time seems to go by faster when you are having fun. I have heard that people should act their own age. What that means is not acting like a little kid, but that does not mean you cannot laugh and joke around. Yes, there are some people that take things too far or act too childish, but it makes people happy and happiness is one of the most important things in life. Happiness gives a person a positive attitude and with a positive attitude, that person can accomplish many things. I know that the only true thing that makes me happy is laughing.

C. Domer