Miracles Happen

S - Napoleon, Ohio

Have you ever experienced a time in your life that you thought you would never get through? For example, a family member was in an accident and might not survive. What is the thing that got you through the situation? Was it faith, believing, or a miracle? It is all three. If you have faith and believe that a miracle will happen, you can get through this tough time.

Many babies in the world are born premature, just like I was; two pounds two ounces. My parents believed that I would live, with the help of technology. Many babies in the world and I came through our difficult time. Miracles keep me believing and having faith that in the end everything will work out for the best.

It is even more special when a miracle happens with people you know. Family is very important to me. We always get together for holidays and parties. My cousin was part of a Special Forces unit in the military. He was working in the back of a van when the van crashed. He was not wearing a helmet and hit his head. After the medical personal flew him back to the United States, he was in a coma for two years. Today, he can move his right side and laugh but, unfortunately, he cannot talk, eat on his own, or walk. With his helmet on, all of this may not have happened, but it was a miracle that the accident did not do any further damage or worse. He was a very large miracle that happened in my life, and he continues to improve everyday with little things.

My dad is the second most important person in my life besides my mom. One day he gave my mom, sister and I a scare. We were coming back from town and pulled into the driveway. All of a sudden, we saw my dad stumble out of the barn and towards the van. He was holding a towel to his head, and it was all bloody. As my mom was driving to the hospital, my dad said he was putting up the lights in the barn when the ladder he was on slid out from under him. Later that evening we found out that he just needed stitches in his head and had hurt his knee. It truly was a miracle that he fell on the ladder and not onto the cement. My dad is fully recovered and doing well.

Miracles happen everyday. A person might not see it or know, but it is there. A person has to believe and have faith that everything will turn out just fine and for the best.