Smile Because It Happened

J - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: change

Most of the time no one wants to go through change, but it happens to everyone. It is always hard to move on from major events in life such as a death, graduation, leaving a sport, or many other things. Even though its hard to leave all your friends, or loose a loved one, it always helps to think of the good times you shared with them. Be thankful for the time you were able to spend with them, and the memories you made. Change is not always a bad thing, but it takes time to get used to it.

In the past few years, I have lost two grandparents, a dog, and a friend; all of them I still miss greatly, but thinking of the times I spent with them helps me move on. I can sit and laugh to myself thinking of how they were, or the things they would say, the memories make me feel as if I just saw them. Some people did not have the privilege to know these wonderful people, and I am just glad I was able to.

My high school years are also coming to an end, and all I can think about it how much I am going to miss my friends, the sports, and just the whole atmosphere of being in high school. It’s going to be hard to start out next year in all new surroundings, and basically on my own. I have had so much fun throughout high school and have made so many unforgettable memories. In college, I am sure I will be able to make some more memories, but I will always miss the high school atmosphere, which I’m glad I got to be a part of.

Thinking of all of the good parts of change, or the experiences I was lucky to go through, helps me overcome a great number of obstacles in my life. Dwelling on the tragedies in life would make it a lot harder to accept and understand what happened. Good words to live by are, “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened,” written by Dr. Seuss.