D - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: sports, work

People all over the world set goals for themselves. Most people want to be number one at something and be known worldwide. Most people do not know how much work they have to put into something like that or the type of work they have to do. Most people only see the finished product and not the hard work behind scenes. They only see the person, or people, performing or looking good at doing what they do. Not everyone knows how much work famous people do. Of course there are a few exceptions, for some superstars because they are born rich and do not have to do anything but smile for a camera. However, for most superstars, they know what the word “work” really means. Not everyone knows the true meaning of the word “work”.

I know what it is like to put a lot of work into something. When I was lifting, running, and conditioning, it was really hard, but I kept telling myself what my goal was. My goal was to be a captain of the varsity football team. I could not wait until my senior year work hard for something I was passionate about. When I was a freshman, I tried my best at everything I did, especially football. I would train extra everyday just so I could have an advantage. My sophomore year, I played varsity, and that is when I realized working extra hard can pay off big time. Many guys got their varsity letter, but only one other player and I played both offense and defense.

The summer after my sophomore year I lifted, and ran the hardest I could so I could start varsity again. I also had dreams of playing college football, so I lifted and ran to get closer to that goal. I had a pretty good season too. I was fourth on the team in tackles behind three seniors, so I wasn’t disappointed at all. The summer after my junior year, I had a lot of college combines, which are strength, speed, and agility tests, to go to, so I missed a lot of time in the weight room. My senior season came and just as quickly as it came, it was gone. Now that I look back and reflect on my past years of football, I realize that all that extra time and effort I put in really paid off in the end.