Cydney - Schenectady, New York
Themes: work

Cydney Quinn

Title: I believe that with hard work and determination than you can do anything.

I believe that if you work hard than you can do anything. In many places today there is competition for jobs, spots and levels such as dance, a sport etc… If you work hard for the position you will succeed and you know that you did you best and if you don’t try and still receive the position you will feel poorly about yourself and somebody that did deserve it did not receive it. Another example of hard work and determination is in school. If you work hard, pay attention, and don’t get off track you will receive good grades, and one day your high school diploma all the way up to your college diploma.

One example that is closer to my life and daily activities of where hard work and determination have come in use in my life is in dance. If I did not work hard or try I would not be where I am today. In dance there are many levels and they go according to how good you are and how many years you’ve been dancing. Every year during the spring we have tryouts for the next year. All year long you work towards that day, pushing your self and trying as hard as possible, to take all the corrections and think about them on that day. If there is one day I feel lazy, or I find my self not working as hard as I think to my self that I should be happy that I’m there. If I stop working hard all that work that I did earlier in the year would just have been a waste. At my dance studio I’m in Jr. Academy and I have gone up through all the levels. I know people that have worked so hard that they have made it to the company at the age of fourteen. People have been able to do amazing things because of hard work and determination.

Another example of how hard work and determination has been closer to my life is when my great grandmother broke her hip. I remember the day so vividly it was on her birthday she went into her secluded room and fell she didn’t call for anybody to help her and she was determined to get up on her own. She was a very independent lady and hated it when people helped her. Finally we all realized that she had been gone for a while. When we got there she was lying on the floor and could not get up. She continued to try and try and kept working continuously hard at it but she needed our help. After we finally got her up we called the ambulance and she had to get surgery on her hip. After that she went into a nursing home. There is where she worked so hard and was so determined to be able to walk across the room. She continuously practiced everyday when we weren’t there so that she could show us. One day we got there and she proved us all wrong and was able to walk up and down the room. This just goes to show with hard work and determination anything is possible.

In conclusion hard work and determination comes along with everything in life. A job, a spot, a house, a car, the ability to walk all comes with hard work and determination. Your not going to get everything handed to you and unless you work hard at it and try then you’ll never get it. If you stay on focus in school and in life then you should be able to do anything if you get in underhanded situations then your goals and your hard work that have been done before would have just been a waste of time and this could affect your life in a little way or in a drastic way.