Adam - Monticello, Kentucky
Themes: work

I believe that if you work hard in life you will be able to make something of yourself. Hard work always makes you a better person because you have more respect for what you did and how you did it. I know when I was in high school I always felt good when I got a hard homework assignment done. It felt like I had pushed my self to the limit and had accomplished something good, but school is not the only place you can show hard work. There are many different ways you can work hard, especially in sports. In sports working hard is brought to a whole new level because if you are on a team, you are working hard to make the play not only for yourself but for the team. I know when I played baseball in high school there was always a lot of pressure when you had two outs and you wanted to get the third out, but on the flip side you also did not want to be the third out making each team have an equal amount of pressure. I remember back when I was in left field with two outs; a fly ball was hit directly to me. The ball was not very high which made it short. I had to run with everything I had to get that ball and with the confidence and hard work I put in to trying to get it. I finally caught the ball. It was a hard catch but with hard work it made it possible. We as a team played hard that game and won. Working hard in every aspect of life will make you a well rounded and a better person in general, because you are not willing to give up right away and you are more likely to get the job done.