This I believe: What I behold is what I become.

Philip - Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

Many people are not conscious of what they watch on TV and the kinds of books they read. I believe that a book carries the author’s opinion and mindset. I do believe that by reading a book, I borrow the author’s mindset and it is likely that I begin to act like what I always read and watch in the movie. The mind is powerful and photographic. Therefore, I can remember my lessons during test and make a pass because I read my notes over and over.

I believe what I behold is what I become by consistently watching movies or reading a book. Watching movie and reading books greatly attribute to ones mindset and largely determines one action. Some parents allow their vulnerable children to read witch craft books while others encourage their children to read the Bible. I believe those two books are totally contrary one to the other and a book carries the spirit of the author. Therefore, what you behold is what you become. I believe people who read books like Harry Porter are exposed to the introduction and manipulations of witches and wizards. I believe that reading brings about impartation and what I read and watch everyday definitely has an impact on my life.

I believe a child’s mind is very young and fresh and will smartly accept the first information that enters. So, a child that is send to a good school at an early age will come out bright because the mind is fresh and receptive at that stage. I believe when a child attends an idle school the mind of that child will not develop properly as compared to another child whose educational foundation is strong. I believe a brightness of mind requires a strong educational foundation.

I believe people who mostly play and watch violent video games are vulnerable to crime. I also believe people who commit sexual offences had one way or the other being hooked up to pornographic images while those who read witch craft books end up being obssess, suppress and possessed by the materials they read daily. I believe most of those who murder others had been hooked up to violence at home, in books or on the screen. I believe that what you behold is what you become. Therefore, you are what you think. If you think negatively, you will end up negative and the vise versa. I believe that what you behold daily determines your thoughts, and your thoughts determines your action, your actions determines your behavior, your behavior determines your attitude and your attitude determines your character and your character determines your destiny. I believe in God, I believe that he predetermined for me a positive destiny but my actions, activities and mindset and what I behold daily in this universe will largely determine my way out.