Katie - St. Petersburg, Florida

I believe all good things come to those who wait.

As an eighteen year old student, I have encountered many experiences that require patience. Although, I really don’t believe that patience is necessarily a good thing in regards to writing tedious papers, it can come in handy in regards to relationships. This concept is clearly a necessity that everyone needs.

Right now I’m in the process of learning this greatly valued concept of “Patience” but I have been told by numerous people that patience, of all things, comes in time. My friend Heidi told me an analogy using flowers. Flowers start out as tiny minuscule seeds and through time, water, and sun, they blossom into a beautiful array of colors and shapes that could have never been imagined coming from a small seed.

She told me that patience is a virtue but I never put the pieces together. Throughout high school I scarcely touched on the subject of dating. Dating was everywhere around me but I didn’t allow myself to look into it. Would this possible relationship ever amount to anything that would last? I would find myself shaking my head in a disapproving manner. I wasn’t ready to plunge into a meaningful romance that could sweep me off my feet. I mean I could barely utilize time in which I would get to class before the bell rang. I thought to myself, would I ever find fulfillment in a relationship the way everyone else seems to have found?

Heidi and Dan met in college. Heidi is my youth leader and her husband Dan is a youth pastor at a neighboring church. I firmly believe that Heidi and Dan are meant to be together in all aspects. You can just tell. As they tell me how they met and how they became friends, I become so envious in every aspect and wish I had a similar relationship like theirs. He compliments her every flaw and vice-versa. I would have never believed in an everlasting love until I met them. I suppose it was just the way he looks at her or the way he helps her out of a car, but yet, they are best friends. They joke around and make a good time out of anything. They never hold anything back and they accept each other just the way they are. Heidi told me all about her ventures about dating in high school and she was distraught just like me and never thought love would pursue her. She told me that all good things come to those who wait. She gives me the confidence to believe in myself and to pursue life in all of its opportunities.

I believe that my future will hold great things. I believe that life will be what I make of it. I also believe that patience will reveal all things in time and I have faith that my story about a relationship will take patience and a matter of time.