Almir - 13104, New York

One of the most important things in life is to be yourself and to accept it. In life there are so many things that you can’t control, and one thing that you can is being yourself. People take being yourself for granted. Many people care too much what people think about who they really are so they pretend to be someone that they’re not. When you pretend who you are there are consequences to that.

People who are themselves are happier with who they are. When you’re yourself then you have friends who are like you and like the things you like. During important occasions like dates you should definitely just be yourself, because if you aren’t and you really like the person then you’d have to keep pretending to be someone who you are not for a long time. When you pretend you’re someone you are not, the truth will eventually come out because you would have to keep pretending to be someone who you aren’t. Eventually as time goes on, the truth will come out and this can ruin relationships started when you were pretending to be someone you’re not. For example you tell someone that you’re good at golfing when you’re really not. If the person asks you to go golfing then you’d have to either lie about something else or just tell them the truth that you’re not good at golfing. If you lie, then you will continue lying eventually until the point when you are forced to tell the truth.

The benefits of being yourself are that you really feel more comfortable with who you are, and who your friends are. When you have friends that you are similar to then you do things that you and they like to do all the time. And if you’re on a date with someone and you’re being yourself then if they like you, you feel more confident in whom you are, and if they don’t then you don’t have to be with them. If you tell someone that you’re good at something and you really are then you would have fun with them when doing it if they ask you to go with them to do that certain thing.

There are still many people in the world that pretend to be someone they’re not. I don’t really get the point of not being yourself. If you pretend to be someone you’re not all you’re doing is hurting yourself and what you believe in. If you pretend to be something you’re not then you forget who you really are, forget your true beliefs and start living a lie. I think that the reason is that many people don’t realize how it really is important to be yourself and what it means to other people that you can be yourself around them and not hide who you are.

A while back I remember when I told someone that I was good at baseball when I wasn’t. Eventually the person asked me to play with them and I told them I had to do something else. This kept happening when I eventually realized that I’d have to tell the person the truth, which was that I’m terrible at baseball.

When I was younger my parents always told me that the most important thing is to be yourself, to not care what others thought. They told me that in life you have to be yourself or you lose your true identity and you feel horrible about who you are. When I was younger I used to care what people thought about me, so much so that I used to pretend to be something I’m not. I now realize the importance of just being yourself.