Alisha - Exton, Pennsylvania
Themes: purpose

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Whether you believe in karma, chance, God, or in the power of yourself; everything happens for a reason. It can be anything silly from losing the remote just to look through the sofa cushions to find your twenty dollar bill that you had lost the night before. It can be anything life changing such as having the surprise of being pregnant with no plan or spouse just to find that your new son or daughter has become your best friend.

I believe that when I am running late to lunch and I see a friend that I have not seen in ages and was in need to connect with, I believe that is why my alarm did not go off on time. I believe that when something on the soundboard goes wrong while I am running a show, it is to keep me on my toes and perfect my skills of mixing. I believe when my dog bites my sister, it is to teach her not to taunt.

On August 5, 2003 my brother and I decided to join some friends for a thrilling movie unaware that by the end of the night my brother and I would be sitting in gurneys at the local hospital. My brother and I were involved in a four car accident resulting in the demolition of my father’s recent purchase of his dream car and changed lives for at least two of the people involved. By the end of the night my brother and I had counted about six ways that death or serious injury could have occurred but miraculously did not. That night sitting in the gurney at the hospital with only mere seatbelt burn and minor neck pain I realized I was spared for a purpose. I was going to do something great with my life. Ever since that day I have remembered and anticipated the great things I will one day do and the impact my life will have on the people around me. If I could go back to that day I would not change the reality of that car accident or the realization of my future purpose for anything.

I believe everything happens for a reason whether big or small. I believe the lessons we can learn from mistakes or positive occurrences can change our lives. The next time something goes wrong in your life I challenge you to look for the reason. I challenge you to examine what you have learned, how you can utilize it and how you can allow it to shape who you are.