I Believe In the Power of Music.

Nathan - Knoxville, Tennessee

Ever since I was a small child, I loved to listen to music. It didn’t matter what kind of music or who was playing it; I always enjoyed it. As I grew older, I began to listen to more music and soon had favorite types of music. When I was seven years old, I learned how to play the guitar. The guitar has always been a favorite instrument of mine; you can play all sorts of music on a guitar. All the way from classical to rock n’ roll, the guitar can do it. No matter the instrument, music has the power to change the world.

Music has many uses, it can be used to express feelings or thoughts, or it can be used to send messages to communicate with other people. Professional musicians put a lot of time and effort into their music so others can listen and enjoy it. Then, people can go out and get the CD or songs from a store or online that charges pocket change for a song. Lately, people have been downloading songs illegally from the Internet and do not pay anything for it. That is wrong. The artists spend weeks to months in a recording studio just to get a song right. Once the CD is out, some usually get it from a store, while others “burn” the CD and illegally share it with their friends.

I however get the CD or songs I want legally and tell my friends to go out and get the CD. Since I am a musician, I feel that it’s wrong to deprive someone of their hard work. It ‘s like saying, “ You did a good job, but since I’m too cheap, I won’t pay you for it.” Musicians are people too. They aren’t robots that are programmed to play music. They work hard and keep practicing until the music is perfect and then they produce it. They put their feelings and emotions into the song, so that others can share or experience the same or different emotions.

If you want music, go out and PAY for it. The CD isn’t too expensive, or go to a online store and get it for cheaper. It might feel stupid, but it keeps your favorite bands alive. You might feel better knowing that you aren’t breaking the law. So keep the power of music alive so generations after us can experience music. Without music, what would the world be like?