Tatyana - Hinesville, Georgia

Life as one big blur.

Everyday of my life i realize something. Everything is blurry. I’m going to school everyday seeing my friends, and I’m laughing and having fun. Then for one brief second i notice something that people are throwing their lives away. My parents pay and work so much just for me to go to school everyday and im here doing nothing. One day when i was walking home from school. I saw a guy sitting on a piece of cardboard box with no blanket ,not even a piece of food.He is just sitting and waiting. Then he puts his hands together and prays. I open my backpack and reach for a 5 dollar bill and give it to him. he says to me “God bless you child”. with a smile on my face i say” God has just now blessed you”. Then i turned and left and in the back of my mind i could see the man smiling. Most of the time my fifth period teacher Mr. Harris would always say to me that life isnt going to get any easier and how i should be a leader and not a follower. I also have self respect for myself.He was right about everything, All i ever did was not even listening to him, but now i finally did. I actually understood him and really thought about it. I believe in one thing that even though you have the right to do whatever you want. Once in a while you should take a break and notice things you are missing and enjoy life itself this i believe