Melissa - Manlius, New York
Themes: work

To Be Successful You Must Work Hard

In life everyone decides their own future, so if you want to be successful then that means you have to work for it.

A couple of years ago I had this big math test coming up and I didn’t understand the unit at all. I knew I was going to fail the test, so I didn’t want to even bother studying. My mom found out though and made me study; she even stayed up late to help me. When I got the test back I ended up getting an A. After that test, I realized that if I don’t care or bother studying for tests then I will fail, but if I try to and study my grades will be better.

My mom really inspired me after I got that test back. The night she made me study I was really mad, but when I got the A I figured out that she was only making me study, because she knew I could do better than fail, if I only tried.

Right now school is a very important part in my life. I will soon have to be looking at and applying to colleges. Grades are more important now than they have ever been.

I want to have the best possible future. That’s not going to happen by sitting back, not caring, and just letting life pass me by. I believe that if I try my best and give everything my all then I will be successful in life even if my outcome isn’t perfect. This is because trying your best and failing, is a lot different than not trying and failing.

I know a person who really screwed around during high school, and even dropped out early. This person’s life was really messed up afterwards and he had to work at fast food restaurants, and gas stations to make a living. After about two years of living like this, he realized that the choices he made were not the smartest and tried to turn his life around. Now he is working at a nice restaurant in Connecticut learning to become a chef.

His story has really inspired me to work hard to achieve my goals in life, especially if it is something I really want. He had nothing, and now he is working hard to make up for the mistakes he made. There where times in his life were he felt like giving up, but didn’t. In my book, that is a successful person. In life, I want to be able to work hard for something and not give up because things aren’t going my way. A lot of people have showed through their life that being successful doesn’t happen over night, you have to work for it.

In life everyone chooses whether to be successful or not. This I believe.