Khoa - Kent, Washington
Themes: work

TRYING – WHAT I BELIEVE IN

Many years ago, when I was a child, I had no will to try. If I had difficulties in doing something I’ll let it uncompleted. My parents encouraged me a lot not to do so, but I still didn’t change. One day; however, I changed my way of thinking after being impressed by a saying from one of the characters in a movie series: “Trying don’t always make you successful, but if you don’t try you won’t ever succeed”. Now I believe in trying my best in every situation, regardless of how hard or easy it is, even if I failed trying it before.

First of all, I believe in trying my best in the hardest situations. That’s the only way that can help me get out of the difficulties of these situations. I remember years ago, I finished the first part of my school year with a C. I needed at least an A- to get into the next grade the year after, to please my parents and to keep my pride. There was just a little chance for me to get an A- at that time. However, just by trying my best, I finished that year with an A.

Secondly, I believe in trying my best in the easiest situations. I know that if I don’t try my best, I’ll fail because of something I don’t think will happen. There was an occasion that I passed one exam which many of my classmates failed. At that time, my Math teacher told us – his students – to review not only the packet which he had issued to each of us but also the book, because many important things were in there. My classmate, having successfully been through many exams without even touched the books, didn’t review the book at all. I was one of the few students who reviewed the books, and the review was worth it! The exam covered most of the book’s material. I did it perfectly while many of my classmates failed.

Thirdly, I believe in trying my best even in the situations I failed trying before. A person can fail trying something once, twice, even ten times but he can’t fail trying it his whole life, because he will learn valuable lessons after each time he failed. If he keep becomes better, he’ll overcome the problem one day. I remember nine months ago I was a complete beginner in freestyle soccer – doing tricks with the soccer ball. When I tried to do the most basic trick, the ATW – Around The World, I failed many times. But just by trying my best over and over again, I slowly become better in doing it. Now, after 10 months of training, I can do an average of 5 ATWs in a row.

Several years ago I was a child without the will to try. But now, I can proudly tell people that I’m the one who won’t give up on anything without trying my best. Trying my best has helped me in many situations; regardless of how hard of easy they are, or even if I failed trying them before. I will always try my best, because I believe in it.