olivia - Fayetteville, New York

I Believe in Inspiration

I believe you can be inspired by anything. I am inspired by music, art, and people who are close to me.

My aunt has an Olympic gold medal. She has set 3 world records and has had a very successful career. My aunt inspires me to set goals. Sometimes she will show me her Olympic medal and I just think to myself, “Anyone can have that if they work hard enough”. Her medal really inspires me to try harder and to set goals. That is what my aunt did and she has something many people don’t get to have.

It’s not like I am going to go out and train for the Olympics, but just seeing the medal makes me feel like I can do anything. Especially because I know my aunt won it. That makes it seem so much more real rather than watching people win on TV.

When I was younger I watched the movie The Wizard Of OZ all of the time. It was one of my favorite movies. I was really inspired by the way that the scenes turned from black and white to color. Afterwards I was thinking about that and I thought I would draw a picture of Dorothy and her dog. The drawing wasn’t very good at all, but the idea behind it was creative. Dorothy and Toto were colored in but the background was just black and white. It might not sound creative, but I was only seven at the time and I thought it was the best idea ever. It was the first time I ever realized how creative you could be while drawing or painting.

I think that the drawing of Dorothy and Toto really inspired me because it showed that the best ideas seem to be the ones that just come to you naturally, rather than thinking hard to come up with something creative. It could be any way, as random as watching the Wizard Of OZ or listening to music.

Music inspires me. I will always listen to my iPod when I am drawing in art or my sketchbooks assignments at home. Music always sends a strong emotion through the song. Whether its loud music or soft music I always can take something out of the song and use it in what I am working on. It doesn’t matter if I’m just listening to the same song over and over again. It still puts a different perspective on the drawing which makes it more interesting to create and to look at.

If you just think about any object you could come up with a million ideas. Anything can inspire you and the possibilities are endless. Whether it’s a song or a person or a movie, you can do whatever you want with your ideas. This I believe