Samantha - St. Louis, Missouri

Live Each Day as if it were Your Last

The world is a magnificent place. I like going outside to feel the gentle breeze in my face. I enjoy seeing the beautiful trees with their red, yellow and orange leaves blowing in the wind. I can watch the geese near the cool lake which makes me happy. There are always kids playing outside and enjoying their time. I think that more people should be outside having fun. More people should be able to feel the breeze and view the beautiful world around them. I think that enjoying life is very important. I believe you should live each day as if it were your last.

I believe in living life to the fullest. Life can take unexpected turns, so it’s important to do your best everyday and make your dreams come true. I think that if there is something you want to accomplish, start now! You shouldn’t say “I’ll do it tomorrow”, because tomorrow may be too late. I think you should make the most out of every minute.

There are times when people don’t make the most out of each day. There was a time in my life when this happened. Once in high school I had a boyfriend who I let get in the way of my friends. I talked to him at school and on the phone at night. I kept our relationship secret for a while because I didn’t want to jinx my chances. The day we started going out, I went up to my best friend to tell her my news. At the same time, she came up to me with news of her own. She told me all about this new boy she liked and that liked her back. I was very happy for her until she told me his name. It turned out it was my boyfriend. I got so mad at her; I couldn’t believe that she would like him. Even when my boyfriend broke up with me after three weeks, my best friend and I still were not talking. A few days passed when my friend got in a car accident and broke her leg. I went to see her at the hospital and told her I was wrong. I noticed how much I missed her. I realized she could have hurt herself so much more. She could have died and I wasn’t the last person she talked to.

I was holding a grudge and I had wasted three weeks not talking to my best friend. I should have been making the most of every second of those days. There are so many things I could have done with my friend to make the most out of life. I believe if you live every second to the fullest, you won’t have any regrets in life. Therefore, live each day as if it were your last.