Monica - Smiths Grove, Kentucky

Faithful Christian

There are times in my life when things are not always given to me in the best manner. I have learned to take hardships and work through them with God on my side and things seem to work out a lot better. I have learned over the years that God is the best friend I have ever had. The utmost belief that I take dearly to heart and try to live and be everyday is a faithful Christian. It is honestly a struggle to try to accomplish everyday. I try my very best.

As being a child, I can always remember getting up and going to church. My parents tried to teach me in the way of Lord. They wanted me to be a faithful Christian and do what was the right thing and try to teach me to make the best decisions for myself. The day I realized that being a Christian was really going to help me in life, was when I found out I was pregnant. I was only a junior and high school and I still lived with my parents. I was in shock. I knew I had let my parents down and just knew they were never going to forgive me.

Once I got over the fact that I let my parents down, I knew I had to make my life with God right. For days, I prayed to God telling him I was sorry and I really needed him on my side to get my through this time in my life. I honestly believed that he forgave me and that he gave me the strength and courage I needed to make it through it. Facing my family and friends was the hardest. They all knew that I tried to be the best person and Christian I could be. I made a mistake and it took a long time for everyone to realize that I wasn’t perfect, but I had God and my family to help me overcome it. This hardship that my family and I faced caused us to be closer and be a stronger family.

I knew God was on my side. Facing the fact that I was the one to tell my parents that I was pregnant was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. My parents did not know what to say. They were such in great shock. I told them I was sorry, but that was good enough for them. For about two months I felt like I lived in prison and thought I would never get out. I was only allowed to go and do what my parents did or what they wanted me to do. That was very hard for me. I just accepted what they wanted and went on with life. I knew someday it had to get somewhat better. After my parents realized that there was nothing they could change, they did let up off of me. From then on out, they tried to help more than tell me exactly what to do. I really appreciate all of the advice they gave me, because I take it to heart and use it everyday. I will always remember that God is always there for me when I need him.