For A Reason

Rachel - USA

A couple years ago in September, I went through the hardest thing I have been through in my life. I lost my mother. It felt like my world came to an end that day. I still can’t believe that she is gone. I know everyone has heard people say that you don’t realize what you have until it’s gone, and I defiantly know how true that is now. She taught me so many things, especially in the last couple years that she was here. I was very blessed to have her as a mother. I’m just thankful that I had such a wonderful mother for a short time than a not so great mom for a long time. But this essay isn’t so much about my mother as it is the people that helped me and are still helping me get through that hard time.

I believe people are sent into your life for a reason. There is no doubt in my mind that my friends, boyfriend, and friends of the family were sent into my life to help me and my family through this hard time. In my junior year of high school I made some of the best friends ever and we are all still friends to this day. They were all there for me when I needed them and they never let me down. I also met my boyfriend around that same time and he was my rock and is still there for me whenever I need him. I also have some of the best people in my life that I know through my mom. My family can always count on them anytime to be supportive and helpful.

I believe that God sent all those people into my life and my family’s life to help us and make us stronger. A couple years after my mom passed I realize how much other people helped me and how lucky I am to have them in my life. I believe people are sent into your life for a reason and whatever reason that is, they will help you through it no matter how hard it might be.