whittney - Bowling Green, Kentucky

Every Kid Should Have a Christmas!

Have you ever wondered what life would be like without toys, good clothes, or no money? I have and I would hate to live like that! There are many people around the world that has to live like that. That is why I believe that every kid should have a Christmas. I think that everyone should take the time and give some unused or new toys to organizations like the Salvation Army, or charity groups that help families out during this time of year. My church has always adopted a family for Christmas and thanksgiving, just to make sure that they have food, clothes, toys and things that we often take for granted. I went to school with this girl that everyone made fun of, because she would wear clothes that didn’t match, they had holes all in them, and she never combed her hair. She wore the clothes and her hair like that because she had a family that didn’t have any money because they would rather use it on drugs and alcohol. I was her friend in school and the school often gave her a lot of stuff as far as clothes, hairbrushes, soap, deoardrant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and lots of other things that wasn’t expensive. They also supplied her school supplies every year. Even if she was the poorest person in school I was still her friend. Now just always think that if she is poor that she should still have a Christmas. The school always find a way to give her Christmas presents.