Brittney - Bowling Green, Kentucky

Be Yourself

I believe anybody can make you believe anything about yourself. People, friends, family, and others can tell you remarks, but weather you choose to believe it or not is up to you. If you decide to believe them then your mind made that decision. Others make remarks for your mind to decide on. Some people give you advice, while others give you an opinion.

Some people have trouble understanding who you are by the way you act. Truly I think only you know who you are. People act in different ways sometimes to fit in. When I was younger I would try to act the same as my friends so that I could fit in. Acting the same as your friends is not always the best thing. I would get in trouble for saying words such as “stupid”, knowing that I was not supposed to say it. My parents would say where did you hear that word form and I would reply that is what my friend said, why can I not say it? Parents teach you things but, every parent is different. You are the only one who can choose how you act. Parents may raise you, but only you can choose how you live your life. Everyone’s life may be rough at times, but you have to look over it, and go on.

I believe that a life with hateirage, divorce, or even loosing a loved one, could have and effect on someone’s life. Changing your behavior and your life, for good is up to you. Just be yourself, not someone else. If friends, family, and others are pressuring you to do or act as you don’t want then just say “it is not for me”. Convince yourself and others you are yourself for you and you are not going to change for others. People may look at you as funny or different, but tell yourself “I am me for myself”.

Live your life the way you truly want to live it, and do not live for others. Be who you want to be, not who someone else wants you to be. You only live once so be yourself while living it. Life is only one time so have fun and most of all be yourself.