Adam - Cincinnati, Ohio

As I enter the last chapter of my collegiate years at Morehead State University, I am starting to realize that my generation knows very little about the economic and political state of out country.

It seems as though my peers are lost in sea of mind numbing media. We seem to be escaping the real facts of what is going on around us; a plummeting economy, an endless war in a foreign country, and an untrustworthy central government. If we are going to be in the work force as tax paying citizens that care about our county, then there are some basic questions that we should each ask our selves about our lives. Why is it so important what happened to House in his latest drug related fiasco? Who cares that the Cincinnati Bengal’s are having another poor season? Is it that important to show your friends on myspace/facebook how many beers you got to bong at last Fridays party? It seems to me that we as a generation need to be spending less time with these escapes but taking more time out of your day studying our country, not for a class but for our own well being. This would be a great beginning for change.

We need to realize that calling George W. Bush an idiot millions of times over will not change out country. We need to be asking questions about the president’s actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuban, and here in America. Sometimes it seems to me that the central government is very happy about this American love of the media. While we are in our homes staring at a screen full of false realities many of our civil liberties have been taking away.

I believe that if we begin to educate our selves; start to change our conciseness on worldly issues. Then my generation can start a movement for the bettering of our country.