Adam - Arvada, Colorado
Themes: community

One of my favorite activities, as well as one of my fathers is to “people watch”. People watching is basically staying in one place and watching how other people interact with each other.

Everyone, whether you agree or not, judges others on their first impression, even if it is just how they dress or appear. When I people watch, I also judge, but I have noticed that within people is the true person. The analogy “Don’t judge a book by its cover”, has become a strong statement to me. All people are capable of doing great things and have the ability to change the world, This I Believe.

Simple everyday actions that people do, not because their supposed to do it, but more because they want to, are the actions that show their true intentions. Holding the door for someone behind you, or just saying thanks, can all make a difference and lead to great things. Some people are more inclined to willingly show their giving side, large actions to benefit others instead of just themselves, like shoveling the snow for a neighbor, even when unasked. One good deed will almost undoubtedly turn into another, the process of “paying it forward”.

I believe, that not only people, but communities as well as other organizations are capable of changing the world. Small actions within these organizations such as recycling, giving, and a common care for their fellow human being can make all the difference. I believe that I have no real reason to be on this earth unless I am able to make some type of positive effect on the people around me. Why would anyone want to go through life without making a difference no matter how small it may be.

I believe in Volunteering in order to help others even when they do not asked to be helped. Volunteering, no matter the length or place, will have a positive affect on others. I volunteer and I see how I help others. I also see other volunteers, and through their efforts I feel good, making a small difference everyday.

I believe that if I help others when they cannot help themselves they will help me when I cannot help myself.

Every person has the potential to make a difference in other peoples lives, no matter how large or small. The world could use more good deeds and I Believe that Everyone has the potential as well as the ability to contribute.