timothy - louisville, Kentucky

I believe

I believe that gas prices should be lower. I do not see how they expect people to live these days when you have to spend three dollars every time you go to the gas pump. It is hard for people these days to live when you have to empty your wallet out every time you go to the gas station to put gas in your car. It makes people like me struggle. You have to go without things you need sometimes. I go to school and pay over three hundred dollars in books and a lot more in tuition just in one semester. Then on top of that, I have to pay outrageous gas prices when I go home during breaks.

The normal people have to drive to work and depending on how far away it is, it takes a lot out of their paycheck If they do not have a job close to their home they are spending money on gas that they could be spending on more important things they need like food, clothes and bills. The gas companies don’t care if the prices go up because they make recorded profits. During a natural disaster they will make the gas prices go up whether it’s a hurricane, fire or anything else. That is a time when gas prices should be down because people obviously need more essential items. They will also say that the demand of gas is down. Then they will blame it on us and say we will run out of gas if we don’t stop using as much; which we use the same amount when it is high. It is just another excuse for them to make more billions of dollars in profit. I don’t think we will ever run out of gas I think it just a good excuses for them to raise gas prices.

So the gas companies need to think what if they were normal every day humans that worked everyday struggling to make it instead of living in their big fine homes

sucking us dry while we just try to live a normal life.