Christina - Brooklyn, New York
Themes: humanism

I believe in changing perceptions. It was a crowded subway train and there were no seats. I would be standing for 7 more stops. I was staring at a bunch of strangers with nowhere to move. Then I stopped my thinking and I thought with every person is a guardian angel, a bounty of spirit guides and protectors. No longer was on the train with strangers but I was in awe of who was packed in with me. I thanked everyone silently for this opportunity. The next day this profound sensation was still with me, but a creepy feeling sneaked in: what if someone was rude or mean on the subway would I still feel the same way? The universe has a funny way of giving us what we ask for. A few days later I hurt my back and was in great pain. Three consecutive women refused to help me at different stages of getting home from work. The last person was a woman who lived in my neighborhood. Where did those “lovin’n feelings go? I was upset and then I wasn’t. I believe they hadn’t fallen awake yet to the joy of humanity in this great seemingly over-crowded, over burdened world.