Jordan - Colchester, Vermont
Themes: death

Death is a part of life, everything dies animals, people, plants, bugs, etc. When someone dies of natural causes there are many factors incorporated in making that date, such as their diet, life style, health, stress, etc. Unfortunately there are other causes of death like, other people, personal accidents, suicide, depression and words. In the case of animals in the wild no matter what they kill it for ,they will most likely eat it.

Killing can be described as taking a life because that is really what happens, that beings life is taken from them, the killer is taking everything the future past and present away from that living being. Animals have lives too, what really sets us apart is the fact that we can communicate and educate the animals, we can teach them tricks but politics are out of the question. Also the fact that animals can’t make many big changes in the world. That is why we eat the meat(or flesh) of animals and not of humans, what I am getting at is, humans can do a lot more than animals can comprehend.

Taking the life of animals for the warm felling of their fur coat is a senseless materialistic sport. On the other hand if you kill an animal to devour its delicious meat then use its soft cozy fur it’s OK because you need food to survive and why waste the extras, use as much of the animal as you can. You can use the meat for food, you can use the fur for clothing, you can use the bones for a night stand, there are many other options you can explore when putting the animal to good use. If you feel bad about hunting for animals then you can have other people do it for you, and pick it up at your local supermarket in the meat section.

In America killing humans for sport is bad, senseless and evil, the same goes for hunting people for food(cannibalism) except it’s considered a little disturbing. But in other countries some tribes honor cannibalism for food and religious beliefs. Most human killings(murders) are related to anger, frustration, hate, vengeance, etc. Killers should be made incapable of doing such tasks by being locked away, behind bars, forever or until the become rehabilitated if found able.

I think the death penalty is a little extreme because putting someone in jail for life gives them the opportunity to live but takes away most of there rights compared to death, I think that’s a pretty good deal. Killing is bad in the first place, so why kill again it makes you no greater than the unjustified killer. Think about it someone kills a family member so you kill them then there family kills you then your family kills them so on and so forth(an endless cycle of death). Death hurts everyone like family and friends it can totally destroy tons of lives. It must be hard for government executioners to live with themselves, not many people can deal with such a job. People have assumed a position as an executioner and committed suicide because deep down inside they new it was wrong and covering it up with words like legality only lasted so long.

I hate death, it haunts me sometimes to know that any day spontaneously it could happen to me or my family or my closest friends. It’s better to think that it is just a part of life, like eating and growing old. I have lost a lot of family and friends in my life but so has everyone else. Losing people is a fact that we all have to cope with, and grieve over some time/s in our lives. I had to learn to move on with life just lie the rest of my family did when people died, it hurts and we will never forget them but we shouldn’t let it drag us down. In honor of are fallen friends we should live life to the fullest.