Joshua - Parsons, Kansas
Themes: change, love

I believe in the goodness of change. A little over three years ago, I was very ornery and always up to no good. I would go out every hot, summer night looking for something to do. Most of the time, my nights involved getting into trouble with my brothers and friends. We would go out looking for anything to do and hopefully crash a party. We would usually show up at the party and most likely drink someone else’s alcohol. Lots of times, we would get into fights and cause a great deal of trouble. If nothing was going on, we would go to the baseball fields and watch the games, because we knew that there were always people there. Every time we went to the baseball fields there was a group of girls there, and somehow I always ended up talking to a particular one. She caught my attention and stood out from the rest of the girls that she was with. Her name was Tiffany. She was smart, funny, and, of course, beautiful. She had beautiful, brown eyes and long, silky brown hair. She was everything that I wanted in a woman. The more I got to know her and who she was the more I wanted to be around her. We exchanged numbers, and before I went out with my friends I would call her to see what she had planned for the night. Every night I ended up meeting her. We would hang out and talk for hours. She told me that I wasn’t boyfriend material because of all of the trouble I got into. She also told me that she didn’t want to be around me if I was going to continue to cause trouble. I told her I was willing to change in order to grow a relationship with her. She obeyed the rules and always stayed out of trouble. I started hanging out with her more, and we quickly began dating. I loved being around her and hated when I wasn’t. My friends noticed the change and didn’t like that I wasn’t around them much anymore. I didn’t want to hang out with them because I wanted to stay out of trouble. They told me that we weren’t friends anymore because I let a girl come in between us. Tiffany and I are still together. We have been together for a little over three years. Since I’ve been with Tiffany, I have stayed out of fights and have partied a lot less. She has helped me stay out of trouble, and she has helped make me the person I am today.