Kyle - Mason, Ohio
Themes: love

I believe in one true love; that everyone has one certain person to complete them. The two people in the relationship will not only complete each other, but also complement each other. People search across the whole world for their one true love when in some cases; their other half is right in front of their face.

I have been a victim of hopeless searching. My search started in the seventh grade when a gorgeous girl was assigned to sit next to me. She turned out to be everything I wanted in a girl. However she paid no attention to me, like I didn’t exist to her. I wanted her to me my girlfriend, but she had other plans for her life at that point. I moved on with life after that year, but she still left an impression in my heart.

My seventh grade crush and I grew up with separate lives though we still went to school together. The summer before our senior year our lives crossed paths again. My dream girl and I had both just come out of terrible relationships and were not willing to commit to a relationship any time soon. We went out on a few dates as friends, and a spark started to ignite that flame I had been trying to ignite since seventh grade. She tried to fight the idea of being in a relationship, but something about that made me want to be with her even more. At the end of one of our dates, I knew she had fallen for me after I surprised her with a pineapple milkshake, her favorite. It was love at first sip.

Our whole senior year was spent together, and our senior prom night was coming up. Before the dance we had been nominated to be on prom court along with seven others. Our chances of winning were very slim so we went to the dance just expecting to have a good time in each others company. After the prom court parade into the dance, the winners of prom king and queen were announced. With extreme shock, my name was called first for prom king, then my seventh grade love for prom queen. It was like a scene from a movie. I knew at that moment she was my “the one”. It was a sign that there were better things for us in our future.

I believe in finding your soul mate at a young age. I believe in love at first sight. I believe in young love. I believe love can overcome anything. I believe in finding love at the most random times. I believe in love.