amanda - fairfield, California

I believe in the experiences of life. I believe that living the experiences of life will help a person grow more than listening to another person’s experiences can. There are many different types of experiences a person learn from and grow from. One of these experiences is childhood. I believe in childhood. I believe that a child’s dreams should be embraced. I believe that if a child goes to his or her parents and asks to play on the football team, act in a play or sing in a concert then the parents should embrace that dream for their child. They should allow their child to experience those goals because it will help them learn about success, failure, goals, achievement, and the hard work that goals require in order to be successful. It will help them learn more about whom they are and where they stand in this world. I believe that will help them want to make more goals to conquer. I believe that a child should not have to worry about the reality of life until they are old enough to fully understand the world. I believe they should be allowed to have a childhood, to run and play. I also believe that they need the discipline of a parent to learn how to stick to the commitments they have made and cherish the memories it will bring in there life. I believe we should never take for granted the lessons we learn in our childhood and the wonders life brings.

I believe in the experience of love. I believe that love is an unforgettable experience that can bring many different types of emotions to a person. When you experience love you experience joy, sadness, anger, compassion, and fear all in one. When one falls in love they open themselves up to heartache, tears, and frustration. They also open themselves up to joy, companionship, and happiness. I believe it is important for everyone to experience love because like they say “it is better to have loved and lost, then not to have loved and all”. I believe in the experience of love because everyone should know how it feels to be loved.

I believe in the experience of difference. Everyone is different, yet most people are opposed to anything different. I believe we should encourage difference in our lives. Knowing people who are different than you can open a door to learn new ideas, new beliefs and knowledge, a new word. Being different is a blessing. We should embrace people who are different than us instead of rejecting them. You never know how much good they can bring to your life.

I believe in dreams. I believe dreams are the stepping stones to a new and brighter future for all of us. I believe that without dreams we would not have been able to grow economically like we have. I believe without dreams we would not be able to grow personally. In order to accomplish one’s dreams a person must have perseverance, motivation, and faith. Where would our country be if Martin Luther King Jr. did not write his famous “I have a dream” speech? Dr. King dreamed big. His dreams came true because they were believed in. It took faith and perseverance and much patience, but his dreams came true. I believe everyone’s dreams can come true.

I believe in Faith. I believe that through God anything is possible. I know many people do not believe in God or religion, but I believe that God is real. I believe that God has a plan for all of us. I believe in order to find that plan you must have a relationship with God. I do not believe you have to be a religious person to know God, but to talk to him and believe in him and what he is capable of. I believe that God should not be forced onto those who do not seek him. I believe that one should share what God has done in their life to others when they are willing to listen.

I believe in the experience of death. In life the last stage one can experience is usually death. However, person can also experience death in life. One can loose a child in a car accident, a mother to cancer, a grandfather to a heart attack. Death comes in many ways, and is the most dreaded experience that one goes through in life. It is sad and it is fearful, but it is part of life.

I believe that these experiences help build a person’s character. They help one grow and mature in ways no other memories can. They are the hardest moments to go through in life, and the ones that make you stronger.