Chris - el sobrante, California

Feeling of Life

I believe in life. Everyday thousands of babies are born to start a new life. Life is

unpredictable and very precious. I don’t take life for granted and am very thankful for

every day. I love to live to live to the fullest and take advantage of every any opportunity

presented to me. I hope to live to be very old because I am interested in future life. Life

is something everybody is a part of and takes for granted.

I believe in food. I believe that food brings good meals. To me, food is one of

life’s treasures. I love the smell, the taste, and the look of food. First, the aroma in the

air gives me a warm feeling letting me know I am hungry. Second, when I see food

visually, it brings me joy because I can imagine putting something so delicious into my

mouth I can almost taste it. And finally, the actual gut warming feeling of having it sink

down past my throat and into my empty stomach. All these feelings let me know life is

good and that it is real.

I believe in music. I have been around many types of music my whole life. It all

came mainly from my dad, who listens to every type of music. He always told me to

keep my mind open and not listen to one genre. It influenced me because I listen to rock,

techno, rap, reggae, salsa, and many others. Music can relate to any type of mood I am

feeling at the moment in my life. Even today, music is used to make human movements

or try to make people realize things. Marvin Gaye’s song “What’s Going On” talks about

what is happening in the world today and why were allowing it to happen. Music is a big

part of life.

I believe in love. I have fallen in love so many times since I was a little boy.

How intense my love is, is never the same for every person. I love that warm feeling

towards somebody; knowing that I can always depend on them. There is nothing like

caring for somebody that shows you the same respect back. It feels good to be able to

have some one that will listen to you and help you when “times get rough”. Love to me

is one of the best feelings in life.

I believe in death. Unfortunately, it is an unavoidable part of life. Everyone that

lives life will experience death. Thinking of death makes me sad and having to live

through someone’s death is even more depressing. When my great grandma passed, it

made me appreciate my life and the people around me. Death makes life better because I

would rather live through the “up’s and downs” then not know my existence.

All these things have made me love life. Without any of these things in this world

My life would be nothing. I believe in how I live, I believe in what I live through, I

believe in my future, ….I believe in life.