Bryan - Accord, New York

I believe that a person’s determination can be measured by their will to succeed. When I was little I was never the best at anything. I always had these high expectations of myself to be the smartest in school, and the most athletic person. Many times I was left with a feeling of failure when my goals were not met to my standard. Some people took me to be a perfectionist, and at one point I thought maybe I was. But then I realized there was a huge difference. A perfectionist wakes up in the morning and tries to be perfect, thinking perfection exist. I was one to wake up and strive for perfection, knowing I would never reach it but the end result would still be pretty good.

With this attitude I was able to fully live up to my potential in anything I did. I began to see that all my hard work paid off in the end. With this new perspective my determination seemed to be growing at an unmatchable pace. I discovered my most dangerous and useful aspect of my arsenal of characteristics. I soon found myself succeeding in everything I wielded my determination at, and if ever I came up short, I was even more determined to succeed. I believe that a person’s determination can be measured by their will to succeed.