At Least Once

Jocelyn - Salt Lake City, Utah
Themes: carpe diem

Growing up, I have always told myself “you need to try things at least once, in

your life because you’ll never know when it will be your last.” It doesn’t have to be bad

or good, as long as your are doing something different. I don’t want to be 50 years of age

and say to myself “I wish I did that when I was younger.” Who wants to experience that

Living up to that motto in high school got myself into a lot a trouble. Like I said

earlier it’s good and bad. But what I didn’t realize was the bad side of it, would be such a

miserable experience. In High school I got involved with the wrong crowd, they partied

all the time. And with the emotions that I was already experience I felt alone. My family

was occupied with other things and my friends were the best support system I had. I Will

admit, I have drank, smoked, and done other crazy things in High School that have got

me in trouble with school, family, and I was even questioning my beliefs.

Now that I have grown up, matured and learned from my mistakes by redirecting

my “motto” into positive more productive way. By setting goals that conquer my fears

like ski diving, bungee jumping of a huge bridges. Or goals that I just would like to

accomplish in life like seeing the world, finish school, raising a family and being true to

my beliefs. I always like to look back at my High school years and ponder about the

choices that I made and how I finally don’t regret what I did and I am glad that I at least

tried them. Because without that experience I did I don’t know where I would be right

now in life. Even though, doing those things are bad and can get you into trouble, I have

the best memories from those experiences and I would not trade one of those experience

for a single thing.

So I guess there is no bad or good when it comes to trying things at least once

because in the end you will be glad you did them because its what’s made you today, its

made you special in your own unique way.