Rosemerry - Issaquah, Washington

Wait for What you Believe In

You always have someone in your family who tells you to hold on to your innocence, respect yourself, and be proud of what you have. How many of us actually listen to that person when we get older? Not that many of us. Well I believe in that saying. I believe that the person who says that to you knows what it feels like to let your innocence go. They know that when you do it you can’t have that back, so you need to make sure you know what you are doing before you do it.

I believe that waiting really will satisfy you. I’m not saying everyone should live by this rule because we all know that is very unlikely. I believe that people don’t wait because they don’t realize the difference between love with someone who can wait for you and love with someone who you love but isn’t willing to wait for you. I was never really sure what the difference was until I made a promise to myself and my mom. When I made this promise my mom gave me a gift, it is a visual reminder of the promise I chose to make to myself. It also provides me with the strength and pride to hold on to my beliefs.

My promise I made was to be pure, to respect myself, and save myself for when I believe I am ready, and I believe its best for me to wait until marriage. I believe that waiting shows how much you care for your self and the person you are waiting with, and for. My belief is so strong that I am not sure anything or anyone can change the way I feel about my decision.

I believe that if you really love someone you are willing to wait for them and accept their decisions no matter how different they may seem to you. I have no specified reason for my belief besides my decision that I want to wait and save myself for someone I know really loves me. You only have one chance, and that’s probably the most important decision anyone could ever make. This is why I believe in waiting for that special someone.