Ruben

Jeffrey - Adrian, Michigan
Themes: birth, morality

Have you ever had a best friend, like really a best friend? Well Ruben is my best friend, we do and did everything together, we grew up together, same high school, and now same college, we shared countless memories, and even shared a couple girls. We played sports together, we hang out together about everyday, and pretty much we are just best friend. Ruben is also the coolest person I know, he was even cool enough to let me go to prom with his sister, she pretty cool too; but back to Ruben. Ruben has made a major impact on my life because before Ruben and I became such good friend I used to hang out with troublemaking kids and if it was not for his influence I would not be where I am or who I am today.

Now this all sound nice and great but your friendship would not have been able to exist if nineteen years ago his mother, who was sixteen at the time, had listen to the advice of others and had an abortion. But thankfully his mother did the right thing and not have her unborn baby killed. And I believe no one should have the right to take the life of another. I believe this because not only is it immorally wrong, but one person, one life, can change the world or change the life of another. In my case one person changed my life and there is no telling where I would be right now if it was not for Ruben and the choice that Ruben’s mom made. I do not know about anyone else but I could not see being able to take a helpless little human being out of this world. I believe Americans are always looking easy way out, and sometimes at the cost of another’s life, instead they should have faith God will get them through their struggles and hard times.

Ruben’s mom knew it was not going to be easy but she also knew it was the right thing to do and she would get though the struggles. That is the attitude every young mother should have. Ruben has made a major impact on my life, his mother’s, his father’s, and many other of his friends and family. That just shows how much one life can impact a whole lot of people. You never know what great things a kid will accomplish in their life, so why sacrifice their life for your convenience. That is why I believe every child has the right to live.